What do we do?
Our team of street angels walk around in hi-vis Jackets ready to attend to and look after people who may have had one to many drinks whilst out enjoying the city center night life on a Friday and Saturday Night.
We provide people with;
First Aid – All our Street Angels hold First Aid Certificates
We provide basic First Aid such as:
- Basic Wound Care
- CPR (if needed)
- Accessing illness/injury
If we feel that we are unable to support you then we will contact the emergency services who will take over your care and possibly assist you with further medical attention.
Water consumption is imperative if you want to stay hydrated. Dehydration is the loss of water and salts from the body.
It is common for people to become dehydrated when on a night out. This is can be from a combination of drinking alcohol, heat, dancing, small crowded spaces and much more.
Our street angels offer free bottles of water to anyone who is feeling unwell, may be to hot, or has had a little bit to much to drink.
By handing out water we reduce the need of medical intervention and enable people to carry on with there nights.
Here are four simple ways to easily prevent dehydration and increase your water intake whilst having a good time.
- ONE FOR ONE – Alternate between an alcoholic beverage and a glass of water, this will not only help to prevent dehydration but also help to stop the hangover in the morning.
- ICE – Drink with ice will help blend the water into the alcohol.
- Water First – before starting your night out drink a glass of water
- CHUG BEFORE BED – Before hitting the pillow drink 1/2 galsses of water to prevent the hangover in the morning.
- Provide information and telephone numbers for assistance
- Listen and talk to all who want to spend time with us, building a rapport
- Provide help from a non-judgemental team of friendly volunteers who want to make sure you have the best and safest night out
“The most rewarding thing about being a volunteer is interacting with different people and practicing and improving on my ability to work as a team”
What sort of people volunteer as Street Angels?
Street Angels come from all walks of life, they are people who:
- Have undergone full First Aid, Alcohol and Drugs Awareness, and Conflict Management training
- Have links with the police and pub/club door staff
- Work well as part of a friendly and approachable team
- Accept you no matter what your circumstance
- Will not be judgmental
- Enjoy working with and helping people
“At the end of the night I always ask myself what would have happened if we weren’t there. We might not see the person again, but I’m always proud to be part of a team that has helped someone get home safely.”
“It feels good knowing that you’ve helped someone whose night has gone a bit wrong, come the morning they might not remember it but at least they’ll be safely home”