Hull Street Angels Trinity provides a safe place and safe people for those who become vulnerable in any way in the Trinity Quarter area of Hull on a weekend night between 9pm – 2am. Work undertaken will be talking to the people, offering water to the people, creating links with the door staff, and offering first aid if needed.
Each volunteer has a reflective ‘Hull Street Angels Trinity’ jacket so that they can be easily seen as a safe person to approach. The team then split into groups of two and patrol the streets in Hull’s Trinity Quarter and visit the pubs and bars.
Volunteers are encouraged to enjoy themselves and to recognise what an important contribution they are making to Hull’s Old Town/Trinity Quarter.
- Provide a listening ear and to be a safe and approachable person
- Talking to people, offering water
- Offering first aid, if needed
- Creating links with the pub/club door staff
- Clearing any glasses or bottles left on the pavement or road
- Offering disposable flip-flops to women who have taken off their high-heels and are walking in bare feet.
- Providing a safe place for people to wait for friends or a taxi home.
What we offer volunteers
- Regular team/supervision meetings
- Access to advice and training that is relevant to the role
- Reimbursement of travel /out of pocket expenses
- Food allowance of doing a full night volunteering shift
All volunteers are invited for an informal chat initially and then interview. They will need to undergo a CRB check and provide 2 references as well as undertake mandatory training before becoming a Hull Street Angels Trinity Volunteer.
Leave us your name and email address and we’ll get back to you with an application form.
Still need convincing?
Here’s more straight from the horses mouths – our Chairman Karen and volunteer Mick. Plus some compliments from one of our fans!